Matthew has over 23 years of experience in internal leadership roles, leading talent management / leadership and management development strategy and execution at an enterprise level in some of the world’s most iconic and successful global organizations: Meta (Facebook), Levi Strauss & Co., Nike, and Gap Inc. He’s led teams both large and small in highly unique cultures and complex high-growth global businesses, and was most recently an executive at Collibra, a late-stage SaaS startup navigating significant economic headwinds in a rapidly changing software industry. In his executive coaching practice, Matthew focuses on helping senior leaders find the right balance of managing themselves, driving the business, leading their teams and effectively partnering across their organizations. He helps executive teams embrace a first-team mindset and practices while working through unhealthy dynamics to become a highly functioning group of leaders who can trust and count on each other. He’s a former marathon runner and triathlete who now finds his challenges on the mountain. Matthew is an avid hiker who is currently training for the
• Coached CEO and Executive team through their first-ever collaborative annual goal-setting process.
• Co-designed a leadership framework to clearly articulate the desired profile of senior leaders in an organization, then develop and hold people accountable to the expected behaviors.
• Designed and implemented performance management processes at two global organizations, focused on more frequent and objective assessment of performance and the achievement of a healthy bell curve to allocate rewards.
• Facilitated the onboarding and leadership integration of a new President of Sales for a Fortune 50 tech organization.
• Coached COO of a global real estate development firm to become CEO-ready as part of a succession planning effort.
• Taught and coached a senior leadership team in China on change management best practices as their business was experiencing exponential growth.
• Coached the senior leadership teams of Product and Engineering functions to adopt a first team mindset and adopt behaviors that enabled more effective cross-functional collaboration.
• Designed and facilitated leadership programs and management training curricula across multiple industries.
• Facilitated numerous team effectiveness, team-building, and alignment offsites for senior leaders across various industries.
• Conducted countless 360 leadership assessments via interview-based processes and various 360 assessment tools.
• Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Co-Active Training Institute
• Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Certified
• StandOut Team Leader & StandOut Advantage Certified
• Prosci Change Management Practitioner & Certified Facilitator
• Birkman Method Certified Practitioner
• Lominger Korn Ferry Voices 360 Certified Practitioner
• Talent Management Institute Executive Training Program, University of North Carolina