ProjectNext Leadership, LLC
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice
Last Updated 8/21/2023
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device referred to in this notice as ”personal information.” In particular, we may collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers, such as a real name and email address as well as internet or other similar network activity.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
● Directly from our clients or their agents. For example, from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they engage us.
● Directly from you. For example, from activity on our websites and testing applications.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
● To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, to provide assessment results and products to clients.
● To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
● To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
● To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
● To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
● To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
● For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
● To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
● As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
● To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going
concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held about our users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase our products and services, including participating in leadership development programs. We also collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our site.
Selling Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or trade personal information with third parties for commercial purposes.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
● The categories of personal information we collected about you.
● The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
● Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
● The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
● The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
● If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
● Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
● Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
● Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
● Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
● Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
● Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
● Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
● Comply with a legal obligation.
● Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at (510) 371-0909
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
● Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
● Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
● Deny you goods or services.
● Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
● Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
● Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
6114 LaSalle Avenue #589
Oakland, CA 94611 USA
Phone Number: (510) 371-0909
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org