In her coaching practice, Marcy has partnered with senior executives, leadership teams, and new leaders in high-impact roles in organizations and cultures of different sizes, growth stages and industries, including Amazon, Expedia, Starbucks, the City of Tacoma, national non-profits, and early-stage startup ventures. Her leadership coaching is built on deep academic training, coaching certifications (Immunity to Change, Leadership Circle Profile, Reach Personal Brand Strategist), and a toolkit of rich practices and content in adult development, leadership consciousness and human behavior. She brings over 20 years of experience as a manager, consultant and executive leader in marketing, operations, strategy and people development roles at best-of-class organizations, including Williams- Sonoma, Backroads and the University of California, Berkeley. Marcy believes that excellence in leadership performance starts with openness to learning, growing internal awareness, and decreasing resistance to change. She has helped leaders achieve goals through creating aligned and trusting teams who can absorb the shocks of change. Above all, Marcy delights in developing leaders who are curious, courageous, and kind, and who play – and win- where their best talents and deepest interests intersect with the work they do. A Seattle native, she holds an MBA from the Haas School of Business at University of California, Berkeley and a BA in International Relations from Brown University. Committed to giving back, Marcy sits on multiple boards and holds an Executive Committee role at Hillel at the University of Washington, and is inspired by coaching and training young women in social impact through The Coaching Fellowship organization.
- Aided in senior-level succession planning at the City of Tacoma; helped increase collaboration and communication at multiple critical manager levels
- At Expedia Group, coached senior leaders in large global team to increased confidence and effectiveness in new roles.
- Helped a midsized manufacturing company grow team effectiveness and employee satisfaction by co-crafting clear mission, vision and values, with messaging strategy for buy-in and adoption.
- Designed and facilitated two 9-month Leadership Accelerator Programs for a global technology firm. Led two diverse cohorts of high-impact leaders, including scientists & lawyers.
- Coached early-stage technology startup leaders through mission-critical internal and external challenges.
- Crafted and led impactful career management programs for multiple graduate programs.