Cathy is a coach, instructional designer and consultant who has a passion for helping leaders recognize the significant impact they have on others. She challenges leaders to show up as their best selves and is known for candor and humor in her approach. Her coaching practice focuses on leadership presence, authenticity, emotional and relational intelligence, and inspirational leadership communication. The substance of the coaching in any of these areas focuses on both attunement with self and attunement to other people and situations. In addition to working with individuals, Cathy also helps organizations build coaching cultures, and regularly designs and leads executive team sessions. Cathy’s coaching is informed by her collaborations with mentors and leaders in the field. She led the design of the leadership development series, Why Should Anyone Be Led by You?, based on the HBR award-winning article and book by Professors Rob Goffee & Gareth Jones. She was a frequent collaborator with renowned leadership communication expert Terry Pearce and author of Leading Out Loud. Cathy has worked globally in the areas of leadership, coaching, engagement and culture. She led the Leadership & Coaching Practices at BlessingWhite where she headed the research on The Coaching Conundrum in 2007 & 2008 on coaching in the workplace. She also ran the Learning Solutions function at InsideOut Development. Her broader professional experience includes stints in higher education, non-profit association management, and a start-up, bringing a broad perspective to her work. Cathy is based in San Francisco. She’s a cum laude graduate from Lafayette College and has a Masters Degree in Higher Education Administration and Student Development from Bowling Green State University.
- Coach leaders in consulting, technology, consumer goods, healthcare on executive presence, leading diverse teams, cross-functional collaboration, and leadership communication.
- Facilitated CHRO team offsite during transition of technology enabled platforms and role changes.
- Designed and regularly lead 5-day leadership & coaching process for new junior partners of a strategy consulting firm (since 2015).
- Faculty member for the inaugural Presidential Leadership Scholars Program, an executive-style education series, sponsored by the presidential centers of George W. Bush, William J. Clinton, George H.W. Bush, & Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Recently interviewed on KTVU San Francisco on leadership strategies during Covid-19.
- Coaches Training Institute training
- GROWTM InsideOut Coaching
- Strengths Deployment Inventory
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator