To enable leaders at the Director level (or equivalent) to scale their impact on the organization by building capabilities to accelerate results and speed of execution in complex matrixed environments. This program addresses key needs and topics for directors based on research we conducted in 2022.
Leaders will be:
- Better prepared to lead at scale
- Able to respond to new dynamics and challenges of being a leader at the Director level
- Effective communicators of the business strategy
- Better able to lead across the enterprise through stronger cross-functional networks
- More aware of how they are perceived and how to drive their intended leadership impact
- Supported by the facilitation team and a professional network of Directors outside their organization.
What Directors are saying
Many directors are managers of managers so that might be a reason that delegation is harder. You need to give more direction to the managers so they can give direction to their team. Things can feel more vague, problems aren’t fully articulated – your job is to figure it out. We don’t necessarily have clear assignments to hand out–it’s not as easy to break down the work.Director in a PNL Study
When I became a senior director, I took on more teams that weren’t in the area that I came up in. So there was more strategy alignment with those new teams, helping them see where we were going. Often when people are moving up they are taking on more teams that may be from a broader functional mix.Director in a PNL Study
One of the biggest adjustments is time management – I’m constantly thinking about where I am needed vs. not needed.Director in a PNL Study
2023 Dates and Topics
Kick off is from 8:30- 10 A.M. PST
Sessions are from 8:30-11 A.M. PST
Kick off: Thursday, April 6
Session 1: Thursday, May 4
Defining my Leadership Identity Building self-awareness and leading with purpose and vision
Session 2: Thursday, May 25
Managing My Stakeholder Network Intentionally managing key relationships to achieve strategic priorities
Session 3: Thursday, June 15
Leveraging My Most Important Resource Effectively using time and delegating at the director level
Session 4: Thursday, June 29
Engaging Others Around the Strategy Addressing obstacles and bringing along key stakeholders
- 16-week cohort-based program composed of leaders at the director level. Enables ongoing dialogue and peer coaching.
- Maximum of 18 participants for highest interactivity
- Multiple individual and small group coaching sessions for guidance and support on individual development priorities, career goals, and integration of cohort learning topics.
- Highly engaging virtual format
- Five cohort sessions with regular communication and assignments between sessions.
- 360 assessment based on the requirements for high-impact senior roles.